What's the role?
As a UX Designer in Hilti’s Global IT UX team you will have the opportunity to develop functional leadership skills and own the appearance of our software solutions. You’ll be working together with an enthusiastic, creative, and talented global UX team and community with diverse skillsets, background, and experiences. You’ll be involved directly into projects, working closely with different colleagues and stakeholders and steer the experience of the solution.
You will have an opportunity to grow by experiencing the end-to-end UX design process and learning a variety of different domains
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 55 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
As a UX/UI Designer, you will:
- Research, design and document UI design standards, style guides and best practices for creating interactive and user-centric software solutions.
- Be directly involved in design projects where you will create UI flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
- Partner with front-end developers and create HTML and CSS-friendly designs.
- Support the team and/or be directly involved in User Research activities.
- Support the team in internal communication and training activities.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit, further our teams personally and professionally, get the best value for each employee and increase the job satisfaction. Additionally, we offer you a wide range of benefits.
Why should you apply?
To help us move forward with our mission and learn all about how UX is practiced in an enterprise environment, we are searching for passionate individuals to join our global team in our Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) office. Become a valuable member of our highly professional and international team of IT experts and meet the challenges of a global multinational company using latest technologies.
Hilti is market leader in the construction tool industry – by developing potential new User Interfaces you will have the opportunity to push the whole industry to a new level. You will have the freedom to act in the responsible area with career prospects in a dynamic environment, excellent opportunities to develop yourself to higher levels and wider range of knowledge.
We have an excellent mix of people, challenging, and developing you every single day. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background is. You know what is important when shipping products to customers and have been through the process from start to finish. You enjoy working side by side with partners, colleagues, and teams on tough problems and are highly effective.
What you need is:
- Excellent academic qualifications in UXD, UID or HCI or any related field and/or at least 2 years of working experience in the UI/UX field (CGPA > 3.5 or similar grading is a must).
- Basic portfolio of different projects in the field of web and mobile application design or any media design projects.
- Basic knowledge of design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch or Figma.
- Basic experience with prototyping tools such as InVision, MarvelApp, Framer, Principle or similar
- High tech affinity, solid team-working, and communication skills
- Good command of English. Any further languages are beneficial
- Great attention to details. Self-initiative and enthusiastic about possibilities that technology gives us.
- Willingness to learn, passionate about problem-solving, and has the desire to continuously improve things.
Looking forward to hearing from you!