Solution Architect - Sales Solution IT
What's the role?
We are looking for an experienced Solution Architect for our global team at our strategic IT location Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. As Solution Architect you have global ownership and responsibility for all solution architecture within the Solution Selling IT area by realizing IT-related strategic, tactical, and operative tasks. You actively develop the solution architecture in your area and contribute to the community of solution architects. Together with the leadership team you actively manage and shape the live cycle of all IT solutions according to the needs of our global Hilti business. With our ongoing transition from SAP CRM7 to Salesforce.com, you will also play an integral role in architecting our organization’s future CRM system alongside the various applications that are integrated to it.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 55 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
As a Solution Architect, you will be a part of a highly professional and international team of architects, developers, designers and business partners. You will meet the challenges of a global multinational company using the latest technologies. Together with other architects, you define architecture principles and apply architecture patterns and drive their implementation. Your contribution will push our digitalization strategy in Marketing Automation, CRM, and Solution Selling applications to the next level – shaping the way we interact with our customers! It is your job to find the right balance between innovation, technical feasibility, long-term sustainability, agile delivery, and cost-effective end-to-end implementation. You will be working in our CRM of the future project (Salesforce.com and SAP S/4 HANA) and focus on the following:
1. Key contributor, decision maker and subject matter expert in the Marketing and Sales IT pillar for all architecture related matters in your area
2. Accountable for IT architecture standard adherence and best practice implementation
3. Accountable for all architecture related risks within the solution area
4. Drive IT agility by identifying balanced solution architectures that satisfy both functional and non-functional business requirements today and that are frameworks for change that allow to adapt to future needs.
5. Work with a hands-on approach (getting into the details) in developing the solution designs that enable the integration of SAP and other IT applications with our new Salesforce CRM system
6. Develop solutions in pilots to prove feasibility (POCs)
7. Assume the ownership of solution architecture of our Solution Selling applications
8. Evaluate the full-stack architecture of relevant applications and alternatives to ensure long-term sustainability, operational excellence, reliability and alignment with our Global IT strategy
9. Migration of applications on existing SAP Cloud Platform (SCP) to AWS
10. Implement and support Global IT solutions by using emerging techniques/technologies including user centricity, responsive design, mobile-first approach and cloud/on premise solutions
11. Standing member and key contributor of the Architecture Guild, as well as the Architecture Forum of Hilti
12. Responsible for the correct reflection of current and future state architecture in IT Architecture Governance Tools (e.g. Ado-IT)
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit, further our teams personally and professionally, get the best value for each employee and increase the job satisfaction. Additionally, we offer you a wide range of benefits.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people which believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative and more productive team. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background is.
What you need is:
- A Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or PhD in Information Technology, Computer Science or other relevant education
- A good command of English (spoken and written)
- Strong conceptional and analytical skills with hands-on software development experience
- Working experience with software design/enterprise architecture patterns (particularly cloud native applications, cloud integration patterns and microservices)
- Proven track record with implementing Salesforce (Marketing and Sales Cloud) and/or SAP (S/4 HANA, SCP) solutions
- Good understanding of ERP backend integration technologies/patterns – SAP and Salesforce integration preferred
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Good communication / convincing skills
- Ability and willingness to learn
Come join us!