Solution Architect - Mobile
What's the role?
The Solution Architect reports directly to the Team Lead and the ICT Head of Mobile Apps.
For this Joint Venture, we are looking for a Mobile Apps Solution Architect responsible for the architecture development and maintenance of mobile apps in different platforms. You have global responsibility for the technical competitiveness of mobile apps and building effective cross functional solution and infrastructure to deliver high quality and timely releases.
The solution architect drives the related technologies and works closely with the project team on global architecture towards good design and scalable mobile apps architecture. He/she must have a strong interest on how to make products successful by adopting new practices and by driving for competitive products.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 55 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
Define the overall mobile apps architecture, driving the related technologies, and ensuring a balanced execution of the system architecture in solution, services, technology and platform projects
- Define the system level vision and drive the requirements to global teams
- Continuous development of the operation to optimize customer / partner value, sound architecture and the efficiency of technology, platform and solution creation and management from architecture and maintainability perspective
- You are expected to create and maintain mobile apps architectures for the project in a team. This also includes driving the architecture discussions with other teams within Hilti, Trimble and ICT (e.g. propose the architecture solution)
- Knowledgeable in mobile apps implementation languages (e.g. Native, Hybrid) and conduct research to predict future mobile development experience, framework and technology to support/improve better scalable architecture
- Good knowledge of MVC and native patterns for UI, mobile application development and Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Excellent problem-solving, planning, and organizational skills
- Improve and maintain code quality (e.g. unit testing), organization (e.g. branching strategy), and automation (e.g. continuous integration)
- Coach and guide other developers. Lead the technical discussions with backend development teams, ensuring alignment and visibility in terms of E2E system and solution architecture across teams
- Experience in designing and building large-scale, high-traffic and enterprise level iOS and Android mobile apps (tablets and phones)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements with scalable architecture design
- Good understanding of OO programming and design patterns
- Work fluently with Objective-C, Swift, Xcode, Android SDK, Java, JSON, XML, SOAP, REST
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit, further our teams personally and professionally, get the best value for each employee and increase the job satisfaction. Additionally, we offer you a wide range of benefits.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people. It makes a vibrant, innovative and productive team.
Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background is. Become a valuable member of our highly professional and international team of IT experts and meet the challenges of a global multinational company using latest technologies.
What you need is:
- Bachelor (CGPA ≥ 3.0) / Master degree in IT, Computer Science or Engineering
- Strong communication, presentation and stakeholder management skills
- More than 5 years of working experience as a solution architect (as mentioned in the profile) or as a senior developer (for a junior solution architect position)
- Creative and willingness to enhance new ideas and methodologies
- Experience in agile software development including continuous integration
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
“I don’t have a sales background and, when I went to my careers fair, most companies only wanted to speak to you if you had the right experience. Hilti were completely open-minded. They were more interested in me than in which degree I was doing.”