What's the role?
A passionate and experienced Salesforce Software Engineer to join our global team and build up the next generation of our CRM landscape. You will join one of our strategic IT locations: PJ, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and work closely with headquarters (Liechtenstein) and the other IT locations of Hilti (Switzerland, France and US). As a Software Engineer, you will develop, administrate, maintain and continuously evolve our large-scale Salesforce implementation with over 15,000 users globally. Help us solve real business, development and CI/CD challenges to create your legacy in Project Evolution - our global upgrade from CRM7 to Salesforce.
Interesting facts about Project Evolution:
• We evolve both our CRM system and how we do Business with our customers via a strong focus on opportunity-oriented sales approach
• This strategic project is strongly endorsed and driven by the senior management of the Hilti Group
• We globally develop and rollout Salesforce to 30+ countries around the world
• The global team is staffed by over 150 internal and external team members across multiple countries like Switzerland, America, France, Malaysia and the UK
• We have a multi-scrum setup of 13 teams running in full-agile mode covering topics such as product development, platform governance and global rollouts
• Scrum teams are staffed with both IT and Business colleagues, creating a seamless and synergistic team dynamic – there is no “you business, me IT” but instead a strong collaborative environment where both sides learn from each other
Join us in our transformational journey as you collaborate with your teammates in the Sales Cloud Platform scrum team. You will learn more about Hilti’s application landscape, understand the needs of the Sales Cloud platform and develop innovative solutions with our growing team of software engineers, solution architects, business analysts, and QAs. You will grow your knowledge in CI/CD and Sales Cloud topics in our ever-evolving business landscape. We place a high emphasis on building in-house Salesforce expertise and here we want you to contribute. Experience the challenge and responsibility of developing and managing a global CRM solution currently being deployed across the world. Dive deep into integration topics with entities like our Hilti Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, SAP S/4 HANA and a host of other platforms/applications in our Hilti IT landscape. Be ready for the challenge!
Who is Hilti?
Hilti stands for quality, innovation and direct customer relationships resulting in about 250,000 individual customer contacts each day. Based in Schaan, Liechtenstein, the company has 30,000 employees around the world who contribute to making construction work simpler, faster and safer while inspiring customers every single day with technologically leading products, systems, software and services. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 55 different nationalities committed to global teamwork. We are indeed A Great Place to Work.
Get glimpse of our energetic global team:
Hilti ranks among Europe’s best employers:
What does the role involve?
As a Software Engineer, you will be working in Project Evolution and focus on the following responsibilities:
• Development, maintenance, administration and continuous enhancement of Hilti’s Sales Cloud platform and connected applications
• Work with a hands-on approach in developing solution designs for the integration of various applications and cloud platforms with Sales Cloud
• Own the whole process and technology stack, from the pipeline and toolchain definition, down to the implementation of build plans and configuration of servers and agents
• Monitor and fine-tune the CI/CD setup and proactively implement changes and fixes necessary to guarantee the continuity of delivery (Bamboo, Stash, Jira, Shell Scripting)
• Implement and support Global IT solutions by using emerging techniques/technologies including user centricity, responsive design, mobile-first approach and cloud/on premise solutions
• Support in the development of POCs to pilot markets to prove feasibility and business impact
• Key contributor to the Developer communities in Hilti
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – experience different job functions and international career opportunities. Work with our high-performing and caring global team to develop yourself and find the right match for your ambition to achieve the exciting career you’re after. You will learn the ropes quick with a senior or mentor who can provide feedback and guidance to you on your work. At Hilti, you are in control of how you develop yourself and move up in your career, either within the technical area or to grow into other roles.
We have a very thorough people review process. We pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways and new places. It’s how we find the right fit and further our teams personally and professionally.
Why should you apply?
Experienced developers or enthusiastic fresh graduates are encouraged to apply!
We have an excellent mix of people which believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative and more productive team. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background is.
What you need is:
- A Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or PhD in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent education
- A good command of English (spoken and written) as well as communication / convincing skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new things - Strong ability to pickup new technical topics quickly and apply them to assignments
- Conceptional and analytical skills with hands-on software development experience (more than one technology – e.g Java, APEX, C# or equivalent)
- CI/CD know-how and able to identify pain points in the process and design/implement solutions to fill the gaps (e.g. Bamboo, Jenkins, Shell Scripting)
- Sound knowledge of containers and orchestration software (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) is an added advantage
- Experience with Atlassian products (Bamboo, JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence) is a plus
- Familiar with Agile methodologies and have the Agile mindset
Come join us!