What's the role?
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Software Engineer to be a part of our global Marketing and Sales IT team. As a software engineer in the team, you will develop, administrate, maintain and continuously evolve our global Salesforce CRM platform which enables our sales team to systematically engage and develop our customers. Through Project Evolution, currently one of our biggest IT projects, we transition from SAP CRM7 to Salesforce.com. Here you will play an integral role in the development and continuous operation of our organization’s future CRM system alongside the various applications that are integrated to it.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 55 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
As a Software Engineer, you will be a part of an international team of architects, developers, business analysts, product owners, designers and business partners. You will meet the challenges of a global multinational company and deliver complex and integrated systems using the latest technologies. You will be working in our CRM of the future project (Salesforce.com) and focus on the following:
1. Collaborate with cross functional teams of business analysts, software engineers, project managers, product owners, designers and test engineers to analyze, design and develop innovative applications to address business needs
2. Collaborate within the Global IT team in both Agile and Waterfall projects, delivering global solutions that are in-line with the business and IT strategy
3. Development, maintenance, administration and continuous enhancement of Hilti’s Salesforce CRM platforms and connected applications utilized by over 20,000 global users
4. Work through the development cycle of concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support for web and mobile applications used globally by the field force
5. Work with a hands-on approach in developing solution designs for the integration of various applications and cloud platforms with Hilti’s Salesforce CRM system
6. Implement and support Global IT solutions by using emerging techniques/technologies including user centricity, responsive design, mobile-first approach and cloud/on premise solutions
7. Support in the development of POCs to pilot markets to prove feasibility and business impact
8. Own the whole process and technology stack, from the pipeline and toolchain definition, down to the implementation of build plans and configuration of servers and agents
9. Monitor, fine tune the CI/CD setup and proactively implement changes and fixes necessary to guarantee the continuity of delivery
10. Key contributor to the Developer communities in Hilti
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit, further our teams personally and professionally, get the best value for each employee and increase the job satisfaction. Additionally, we offer you a wide range of benefits.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people which believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative and more productive team. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background is. Experienced developers and fresh graduates are also encouraged to apply!
What you need is:
- A Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or PhD in Information Technology, Computer Science or other relevant education
- A good command of English (spoken and written)
- Strong conceptional and analytical skills with hands-on software development experience (more than one technology – e.g Java, APEX, C# equivalent)
- CI/CD know-how and able to identify pain points in the process and design/implement solutions to fill the gaps (e.g. Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Experience with configuring/administrating/developing on Salesforce (Marketing and Sales Cloud) solutions or equivalent is an added advantage
- Sound knowledge of containers and orchestration software (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) is an added advantage
- Good knowledge of source versioning systems and branching strategies (GIT, Feature Branch, Gitflow) is an added advantage
- Familiar with Agile methodologies and have the Agile mindset
- Experience with Atlassian products (Bamboo, JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence) is a plus
- Good communication / convincing skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new things - Strong ability to pickup new technical topics quickly and apply them to assignments
Come join us!