Senior Network Security Engineer
What's the role?
We are looking for a Network Security Engineer- Senior in our Global IT team in Hilti Asia IT Services (HAITS), Malaysia.
In this role the Network Security Engineer is responsible for the provisioning, deployment, configuration and administration of many different pieces of network and security-related hardware and software. These include firewalls, routers, switches, various network-monitoring tools, and virtual private networks (VPNs). These engineers will be Hilti’s first line of defense against unauthorized access from outside sources and potential security threats. Not only does the network security engineer know how to mitigate any potential threats that become evident, but they also how to strategize and prepare before any security threat is enacted. The engineer will collaborate with other cross-functional global engineering experts and the local IT specialists to provide appropriate IT technologies to take IT security to the next level in Hilti.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 125 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
The Network Security Engineer monitors computer networks for security threats or unauthorized users. They may identify compromised machines and report on security measures taken to address threats. The Network Security Engineer will also analyze security risks and develop response procedures. Additional duties may include developing and testing software deployment tools, firewalls and intrusion detection systems. The roles require the engineer to research, evaluate, recommend and implement other security devices as well. This may include installing computer security software, conducting regular security audits, preparing security status reports, educating users on computer security, creating security documentation for users, assisting in disaster recovery and gathering evidence regarding cybercrimes. In a nutshell, the Network Security Engineer will:
• Monitor Networks
• Respond to Threats
• Design and Implement Safeguards
• Communicate Security Issues to Management
• Research Emerging Threats
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after. We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit, further our teams personally and professionally, get the best value for each employee and increase the job satisfaction. Additionally, we offer you a wide range of benefits.
Why should you apply?
Become a valuable member of our highly professional and international team of IT experts and meet the challenges of a global multinational company using latest technologies. You will have the freedom to act in the responsible area with career prospects in a dynamic environment as well as excellent opportunities to develop yourself to higher levels and wider range of knowledge. We have a clearly defined career development track for every individual employee and an excellent team whom are duly rewarded by performance.
What you need is:
- Minimum Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related sciences
- Knowledge of security network devices. Complete command on dealing with security systems, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, anti-virus software, log management, authentication systems, content filtering, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of information security concepts, standards, practices, including but not limited to firewalls, intrusion prevention and detection, TCP/IP and related protocols, device monitoring and log management and event monitoring/reporting. Experience in LAN and WAN technologies, network design, network management etc.
- •Strong understanding of TCP/IP, subnetting, routing, access control lists, firewalls, VPN, NAT and network traffic analysis.
- Fluent in English (additional languages are beneficial) with focus strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Network engineer certifications is a must for CCNA and a plus for CCNP Security (Cisco Certified Network Professional Security), CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker), CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), and GIAC Security Certifications.
We look forward hearing from you soon!