Senior Java Developer
What's the role?
Hilti connected tools and asset management solutions help digitize processes around tools and equipment to gain efficiency competitive advantage. We are looking for a senior Java Developer who is passionate about technology and has experience in building high-performing scalable enterprise-grade applications. You will be part of a talented software team to develop an innovative platform and work on exciting projects related to the Internet of Things (IoT). Responsibilities will include collaboration with business stakeholders, technology assessment, system design, proof-of technology development, sharing of information and learnings, all while working in a fast-paced environment.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 55 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
Work within a project team that delivers high-quality products in an Agile delivery environment (SCRUM)
Interact with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
Deliver continuous improvement to technologies and processes in alignment with architecture team.
Perform Root Cause Analysis for production issues, implement tactical and long-term fixes.
High/Low Level Design – designing feature level solution, REST API Contract, Event Contracts as per pre-defined guidelines and specifications.
Technical Planning and Tracking for timely Delivery and Quality. Ensure delivery as per agreed solution design/architecture and performance criteria.
Mentor team members for their development and for excellence in delivery, processes and standards.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit, further our teams personally and professionally, get the best value for each employee and increase the job satisfaction. Additionally, we offer you a wide range of benefits.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people which belief makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, and more productive team. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background is.
What you need is:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 7+ years of experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms (good to have experience on Java 8 or above versions)
- Object Oriented analysis and design using established and tested enterprise design patterns.
- Experience with Microservices Architecture
- Excellent knowledge of Relational & NO-SQL databases and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in Spring Framework, Spring Boot and web applications development using at least one of the popular web frameworks (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Experience with test-driven development (Junit and Mockito)
- Experience with AWS Services will be an advantage
- Excellent organizational, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in agile methodologies (Scrum/SAFe)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Good knowledge of Atlassian toolchain (Jira, Confluence and Zephyr) and CI/CD tool (Gitlab) will be an advantage
Interested for the role?
Click through the 'Apply Now' button where you will be asked to upload your CV and answer a couple of short questions – the whole process should take around 90 seconds. If we like what we see, you'll be invited to a telephone interview.
If we don't have a suitable role for you at the moment, we will keep you in our talent pool for the future so your recruitment process might take a bit longer but we'll be sure to stay in touch.
Looking forward to hearing from you!