Senior Global IT Solution Engineer - Digital Workplace
What's the role?
We are looking for an experienced IT Workplace Solution Engineer with a passion for user needs and the desire to provide innovative and reliable IT solutions to the Business.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 125 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
In this role you will take over technical leadership for parts of our workplace infrastructure with a special focus on technology solutions such as Windows 10, Office 365, Microsoft SCCM, Intune, Airwatch and Citrix. You will work closely with our user demand representatives and business partners to analyze and understand the business requirements and translate them into reliable and value-creating technical solutions. The role offers you the opportunity to work with the latest IT technologies and implement innovative devices like tablets, hybrids, smartphones, and wearables. You will be part of a truly global and highly innovative IT team.
What do we offer?
Show us what you're made of and we'll offer you opportunities to move around the business - to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It's a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you're after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We can pair talent with opportinities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new places. Its how we find the right fit, further our teams peronally and professionally, get the best value for each employee and increase the job satisfaction. Additionally, we offer you a wide range of benefits.
Why should you apply?
Become a valuable member of our highly professional and international team of IT experts and meet the challenges of a global multinational company using latest technologies. You will have the freedom to act in the responsible area with career prospects in a dynamic environment, excellent opportunities to develop yourself to higher levels and wider range of knowledge. Our team in Kuala Lumpur is a fully recognised and respected competence center that is covering all relevant areas of IT. 80% of the top positions are filled internally. We have a clearly defined career development track for every individual employee and an excellent team whom are duly rewarded by performance.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering (CGPA > 3.0 or similar grading is a must). Master or PhD will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years IT infrastructure experience in end user workplace solutions, with specialities in at least 2 of the following: client hardware; OS management (Windows); client and software management (SCCM); VDI (Citrix); endpoint client security; or mobility management (AirWatch)
- Solid professional experience in providing innovative workplace solutions
- Strong analytical skills with an affinity for IT technologies
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into reliable and value-creating technical solutions
- Experience in IT project management, solution management and vendor management
- Excellent communication skills in a multicultural team located at different locations globally
- Fluent in English (verbally and written)
We look forward to hearing from you soon!