Senior Core Network Engineer
What's the role?
We are looking for a Senior Core Network Engineer in our Global IT team in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. In this role you will plan, build, and run the global backbone network services at Hilti.
You will also collaborate with other Hilti cross-functional teams of IT infrastructure engineers, application experts, and local IT specialists to provide the appropriate IT technologies and increase operational efficiencies.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 127 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
As a Senior Core Network Engineer, you are responsible for planning, building, and running one or more global network services, which include WAN (including inter-DC and cloud connectivity), core firewalls, VPN services, DNS/DHCP, and reverse proxy.
These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, roadmap definition, architecture design, implementation, access management, monitoring, and incident/problem management.
In close collaboration with other Hilti cross-functional IT teams and external partners, you will provide innovative and reliable services – enabling our consumers to offer excellent solutions and services to Hilti’s employees and customers worldwide.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit, further our teams personally and professionally, get the best value for each employee and increase the job satisfaction. Additionally, we offer you a wide range of benefits.
Why should you apply?
Become a valuable member of our highly professional and international team of IT experts and meet the challenges of a global multinational company using latest technologies. You will have the freedom to act in the responsible area with career prospects in a dynamic environment, excellent opportunities to develop yourself to higher levels and wider range of knowledge.
Our team in Kuala Lumpur is a fully recognized and respected competence center that is covering all relevant areas of IT. 80% of the top positions are filled internally. We have a clearly defined career development track for every individual employee and an excellent team whom are duly rewarded by performance.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering (CGPA > 3.0 or similar grading is a must), Master's or PhD are an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years of experience in designing and managing enterprise-wide networks, with specialities in at least two of the following: WAN management (MPLS, DMVPN, SD-WAN), Firewall/VPN management (Juniper, Palo Alto); DDI (DNS, DHCP, and IPAM) management; or Proxy management (KEMP); professional certification highly preferred
- Strong analytical skills with an affinity for IT technologies including in-depth understanding of standard networking and security protocols
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into reliable and value-creating technical solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and team skills in an international environment
- Fluent in English (verbally and written)