Lead Solution Architect – Mobile
What's the role?
Think about the big picture on Mobile development trends and ensure that we keep ahead of the big technological shifts
Understand the feature vision of the IoT based SaaS product and of the mobile app over a medium-term horizon
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 55 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
Prepare an architecture vision for a sustainable and modular B2B Mega app (think of the scale of the Amazon shopping app or Uber or Grab apps as a benchmark) and with lots of connectivity based use cases
Understand the Connectivity strategy for the IoT use cases and prepare the Mobile and Connectivity SDK architecture accordingly
Keep up to date with cutting edge mobile technologies and native / cross platform development trends.
Mentor tech-leads, mobile architects, developers to deliver high quality of code, tests and documentation
Work closely with the mobile architecture team to ensure proper feature integration and cross-company unified development across the Android and iOS platforms.
Is a key contributor, decision maker and subject matter expert in Mobile app architecture
Standing member and key contributor of the Architecture Guild
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit, further our teams personally and professionally, get the best value for each employee and increase the job satisfaction. Additionally, we offer you a wide range of benefits.
Why should you apply?
We are searching for passionate individuals to join our global team in our Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) office. Become a valuable member of our highly professional and international team of IT experts and meet the challenges of a global multinational company using latest technologies.
Hilti is market leader in the construction tool industry – by developing potential new User Interfaces you will have the opportunity to push the whole industry to a new level. You will have the freedom to act in the responsible area with career prospects in a dynamic environment, excellent opportunities to develop yourself to higher levels and wider range of knowledge.
We have an excellent mix of people, challenging, and developing you every single day. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background is. You know what is important when shipping products to customers and have been through the process from start to finish. You enjoy working side by side with partners, colleagues, and teams on tough problems and are highly effective.
What you need is:
- MUST HAVE
- Masters degree, or PhD in Computer Science or other technical related field, or equivalent practical experience from a top tier university
- 7+ yrs Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining Mobile Applications.
- 3+ yrs working experience as a tech lead/architect
- Has ideally worked on a mega app before (eg: a well known e-commerce app, Amazon, Uber, Grab etc) or on an app with Bluetooth connectivity to hardware
- Demonstrated ability to look at the big picture and perform What-If analysis on mobile development trends (Eg: What if Android / iOS removes NFC support? What If Flutter becomes the go to hybrid platform? Etc )
- Proactive personality, eager to research, learn independently, clean code mindset. Willingness in proposing robust SW designs to solve specific mobile apps problems.
- Working experience with agile practices (SCRUM, CI/CD, PP …)
- Strong SW Engineering knowledge like Design Patterns and SOLID principles.
- Experience with RESTful APIs to connect with backend services.
- Working experience with developing and testing IoT apps using BLE, iBeacon technologies
- Good proficiency in the English language
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world
- NICE TO HAVE
- Deep knowledge at the OS level like threading model, background processing, battery efficiency mechanisms etc….
- Working experience in designing Apps using MVVM architectural pattern.
- Solid knowledge on ReactiveX is helpful
- Working experience using Dependency Injection pattern and libraries that implement it like Swinject.
- Working experience using networking libraries like Alamofire.
- TDD mindset. Highly experienced in writing Unit tests using Mocking frameworks like Cuckoo.
- Knowledge on EarlGrey or other instrumentation Testing framework.
- Knowledge on Realm DB is desired.
- Working experience with Git.
- Working experience with CI/CD toolchains (e.g. GitLab, fastlane, Stash/Bamboo, Jenkins).
- Working experience with push notification services e.g. FCM, APN
- Experience with beta app distribution tools like TestFlight, HockeyApp, AppCenter