IT Software Engineer (Application Developer Core Development)
What's the role?
We are looking for an experienced IT Software Engineer who is skilled in application development or programming (esp. ABAP coding) with the focus on the SAP FI/CO & SD module in one of the largest SAP ERP (S/4HANA) single-instance implementations in the world. Your innovative mindset will help to enable business excellence and customer satisfaction through value-adding global IT solutions
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 127 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
As an IT Software Engineer, you evaluate, translate, and implement the tool chain needed for agile development for various technology stacks across different development environments such as cloud or on-premise systems. You actively partner with other developers in the different functions like Supply Chain, Sales & Distribution, etc. and transfer know how to use the tool chain in the respective development areas as well with our solution architects. You will explore new technologies in regards of agile development and state-of-the-art development technologies.
You are responsible for implementing the software architecture into detailed design, code, unit & modular testing, and performance optimization on SAP UI5, WebUI, WD4A technology, ABAP OO (SAP Gateway, SAP ERP etc). You will maintain software code by identifying and fixing root-causes of application defects, adjustment to environmental changes, and adding enhancements. Lastly, you will collaborate and cooperate with different project stakeholders including business, IT, and technology vendors and you will be given opportunity to involve in or drive international projects.
In a nutshell, as a IT Software Engineer you will ensure reliable operations of our core systems (SAP S/4HANA and cloud services) while driving modernization of existing systems and development of new platforms with best-of-breed technologies in a continuous delivery model, leveraging Agile and DevOps best practices.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit, further our teams personally and professionally, get the best value for each employee and increase the job satisfaction. Additionally, we offer you a wide range of benefits.
Why should you apply?
Become a valuable member of our highly professional and international team of IT experts and meet the challenges of a global multinational company using latest technologies. You will have the freedom to act in the responsible area with career prospects in a dynamic environment, excellent opportunities to develop yourself to higher levels and wider range of knowledge. Our team in Kuala Lumpur is a fully recognized and respected competence center that is covering all relevant areas of IT. 80% of the top positions are filled internally. We have a clearly defined career development track for every individual employee and an excellent team whom are duly rewarded by performance.
What you need is:
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience in SAP ERP 6.0 environment / S4 HANA in SAP Financial & controlling and SD module with a bachelor’s degree; or master’s degree; or a PhD or equivalent experience. Cumulative grade point average > 3.0
- Proven full stack experience of 5+ years in development across process areas in a SAP and/or cloud environment with waterfall & agile methodology
- Excellent communication skills, high commitment, self-responsibility and customer orientation
- Good understanding of architecture principles and design patterns
- Technical Know-How: SAP and Cloud technologies (e.g. ABAP, UI5, Java , Java script, Scala, HANA DB, Oracle DB, GIT, ORMS, HTML, Bamboo or Jenkins, non-relational databases)
- Analytical skills to draft development methodologies in a variety of different technologies
- Strong drive for success and high level of commitment
- Willingness to learn and develop yourself and your colleagues
- Experience in working in an international/virtual/geographically dispersed team
- Innovative mindset which helps Hilti finance business to provide more benefits to our end customers
We look forward to hearing from you soon!