IT Product Owner Tool Services
What's the role?
Fleet management is our strategic service offering to manage construction tools of our customers efficiently. As the IT Product Owner you will strongly contribute to improve and digitize customer experience as well as add new services for our customers. You will own a part of our Fleet Management IT solution and ensure its economic success. In close collaboration with your global business stakeholders and your development team you will drive activities for grooming, implementation, and operation of your product.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 55 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
As an IT Product Owner you are responsible for a part of our Fleet Management solution, its vision, and future development. You own every outcome, decision, and activity
related to your product. You act as the customer / IT liaison during analysis, requirements definition, and design activities. You provide strategic advice for business processes and solutions and collaborate with product managers and business stakeholders to define and document business requirements. Moreover, you team up with technical staff to develop convincing solution alternatives. You need to take decisions based on business impact
and with that prioritize the backlog. As a Product Owner you create user stories for requirements, write technical requirements, and continuously groom the existing backlog. You will run and coordinate alignments between the entire team. You give advice
and direction on the product. You are able to run product demos and own the support process of your product. You drive adoption of the products within the business community
based on real user needs & strategic direction.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit, further our teams personally and professionally, get the best value for each employee and increase the job satisfaction. Additionally, we offer you a wide range of benefits.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, challenging, and developing you every single day! Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background is.
The ideal candidate has in-depth expertise working with distributed systems and understands how they are deployed.
You know what is important when shipping products to customers and have been through the process from start to finish. You enjoy working side by side with partners, colleagues, and teams on tough problems and are highly effective. Furthermore, you thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple changing priorities. You like a proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shy away from a challenge.
What you need is:
- You hold a Master or PhD in Information Management, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Ideally you have two or more years of experience as a Product Owner in a distributed
- Agile Software Development setting experience utilizing agile delivery processes and tool chain.
- You bring the ability to effectively communicate complicated concepts to a non-technical and technical audience in English (verbal and written)
- You have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with global partners to build bonds, inspire, influence, and accomplish goals
- You bring excellent analytical capabilities, self-responsibility, and customer orientation paired with an entrepreneurial, can-do attitude and a strong sense of product quality
- You are a team player with hands-on mentality and able to craft a direction
- You have result orientation and demonstrated persistence towards achieving progress despite obstacles and short-term setbacks
We look forward to hearing from you soon!