IT Product Owner - Information Management
What's the role?
In the role of an IT Product Owner you will be part of the Global Information Management team which aims to deliver new insights and drive data analytics transformation. This role will require you to work closely with global stakeholders from the business and the technical development team to build analytical insights, data visualization, intuitive dashboards and data modelling to support the adoption of analytics into the decision-making processes across the Hilti organization. As the IT Product Owner, you will drive activities for grooming, implementation and operations of your product(s).
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 55 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
As an IT Product Owner you own every outcome, decision, and activity related to your product. You act as the IT liaison with the business during analysis, requirements definition and design activities. You provide strategic advice for business processes and solutions and collaborate with process managers and business stakeholders to define and document business requirements and priorities. Together with the technical team, you develop convincing solutions to fulfil business requirements. You are required to take decisions based on business impact and prioritize the backlog. As a Product Owner you will strive for alignment between business and IT. You drive adoption of the products within the business community based on real user needs & strategic direction
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit, further our teams personally and professionally, get the best value for each employee and increase the job satisfaction. Additionally, we offer you a wide range of benefits.
Why should you apply?
Become a valuable member of our highly professional and international team of IT experts and meet the challenges of a global multinational company using latest technologies. You will have the freedom to act in the responsible area with career prospects in a dynamic environment, excellent opportunities to develop yourself to higher levels and wider range of knowledge. Our team in Kuala Lumpur is a recognized and respected competence center that is covering all relevant areas of IT. Furthermore, 80% of our top positions are filled internally. We have a clearly defined career development track for every individual employee and an excellent team whom are duly rewarded by performance.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Science & Technology or equivalent; a Master’s Degree or PhD is an advantage for this position.
- Ideally you have two or more years of experience as a Product Owner in a distributed Agile Software Development setting, utilizing agile delivery processes and tools
- You are able to effectively communicate complicated concepts to a non-technical and technical audience in English (verbal and written)
- You have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with global partners to build bonds, inspire, influence and accomplish goals
- You bring excellent analytical capabilities, self-responsibility and customer-service orientation paired with an entrepreneurial, can-do attitude and a strong sense of product quality
- You are a team player with hands-on mentality and able to craft a direction
- You have result orientation and demonstrated persistence towards achieving progress despite obstacles and short-term setbacks
- Experience and knowledge of BI principles, Data Analytics, Data Warehousing, Data Modelling, Front-End reporting tools, SAP S4/HANA, BW/4HANA and Business ByDesign is a PLUS
Come Join us!