Global Digital DevOps & Automation Engineer
What's the role?
We are looking for a Global Digital DevOps & Automation Engineer who will strongly contribute to the digitalization of one of the company’s most important areas – the R&D process. Located in our strategic location in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), you will work closely with a diverse global team of process consultants, solution architects, software engineers, project managers as well as our business counterparts.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti provides leading-edge tools, technologies, software, and services for the global construction sector. We are a multicultural workplace with 125 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with three strategic locations in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), and Plano/Tulsa (USA) and two satellites in Paris and Singapore. All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
You will develop an in-depth technological but also business understanding to team up with different business counterparts, ensure the integrity of systems, and drive reliable, innovative, and sustainable IT solutions. You are involved in international (US, Europe, and Asia) projects, to create value through effective use of technology and ensure successful delivery of IT projects.
You will also work on solution architecture, custom development, and process optimization to continuously improve features as well as on system integration to achieve business success. You will be involved in business level discussions to understand both the business and system requirements and translate them to technical requirements of DevOps solution.
You are expected to work on the establishment of advanced configuration management, automation of infrastructure, implement continuous integration, and train the team in DevOps best practices to achieve a continuously deployable system. The role will also require you to work on alternatives to improve the existing architecture of our solutions.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit, further our teams personally and professionally, get the best value for each employee and increase the job satisfaction. Additionally, we offer you a wide range of benefits.
Why should you apply?
Become a valuable member of our highly professional and international team of IT experts and meet the challenges of a global multinational company using latest technologies. You will have the freedom to act in the responsible area with career prospects in a dynamic environment, excellent opportunities to develop yourself to higher levels and wider range of knowledge. Our team in Kuala Lumpur is a fully recognized and respected competence center that is covering all relevant areas of IT. 80% of the top positions are filled internally. We have a clearly defined career development track for every individual employee and an excellent team which are duly rewarded by performance.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or related fields with Cumulative Grade Point Average > 3.5 or similar grading is a must. PhD will be an added advantage.
- Proven business acumen and customer focus providing solutions to add value.
- Experience in design, planning and implementing end to end solutions in an international environment.
- Fluent in English – further languages are a plus.
- You have 3+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
- Experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- You possess a strong command of software-automation production systems
- You have strong Linux system administration background.
- You have working knowledge of Atlassian suites (including add-ons and integrations).
- You have working knowledge of containerization deployments in the cloud (AWS or Azure) using either Docker or Kubernetes, or both.
- You have working knowledge of DevOps tools like Gitlab, Sonarqube, Appspider, .
- You have a working knowledge of databases and SQL (Structured Query Language).
We look forrward to hearing from you soon!