What's the role?
The Data Engineer reports directly to the Head of Enterprise Data Lake. You will be contributing strongly to the development and maintenance of our Enterprise Data Lake, which is an integral part of Hilti digital transformation agenda. The role will be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia which is one of the Hilti Global IT hubs.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 55 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
In your role as a Data Engineer, you are responsible for the development, maintenance and improvement of all the data flows in the enterprise data lake built on AWS cloud platform. You interact directly with various stakeholders (business users, data scientists, analytics teams) to understand their data demand and in turn, design and develop scalable ETL packages from the business source systems, including development of ETL routines, to bring these data into the data lake. You integrate new data sources (internal and external) by creating end to end data pipelines from ingestion to consumption. You are responsible to perform thorough testing and validation to support accuracy of data transformations and data consistency. You resolve production issues related to data interfaces and ETL/ELT processes in a timely manner. You assess the stability, robustness and efficiency of implemented data pipelines and implement continuous improvement initiatives. In this position, you will lead innovation through exploration, benchmarking, and sharing best practices in big data framework and technologies. As a senior team member, you will also be coaching junior members of the team.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit, further our teams personally and professionally, get the best value for each employee and increase the job satisfaction. Additionally, we offer you a wide range of benefits.
Why should you apply?
Become a valuable member of our highly professional and international team of experts and meet the challenges of a global multinational company using latest CRM technologies. You will have the freedom to act in an agile environment with excellent opportunities for developing yourself to higher levels and wider range of knowledge. Our team in Kuala Lumpur is a fully recognized and respected competence center that is covering all relevant areas of IT. 80% of the top positions are filled internally.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or similar; a Master’s Degree is a plus
- More than 5 years of experience in Data Engineering, Business Analytics or related fields
- Excellent knowledge and proven professional experience with AWS data and analytics services such as S3, Athena, Glue, Spark, Lake Formation, Step Functions, RDS, Lambda, SNS and EC2
- Strong analytical skills, showing fluency in tools such as Microsoft SQL and Postgres SQL, and strong Python, PowerShell programming skills
- Experience with SAP and/or Salesforce data integration, and data visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI is highly desirable
- Result-driven, innovative problem solver, self-motivated and proactive, highly organized, ability to handle multiple tasks meeting aggressive timelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and can engage with stakeholders from different disciplines in all levels of the organization
- A strong team player; able to work with a team that have members from diverse background
- Experience working in a virtual team is highly desirable
Come join us!