Android / iOS Developer for Mobile apps
What's the role?
As a developer you translate business requirements into technical design and solutions
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 55 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
You plan, estimate and develop software in an agile environment in alignment with the Product Owners
Lead the technical delivery of software and match the needs of the target customer base
Create testable solutions that scale to the customer's requirements
Mentor junior developers and lead technology vendors to deliver high quality code, tests and documentation
Contribute to development standards, guidelines & best practices
Create and maintain technical system documentation
Interact with various backend teams (Microservices, SDKs, IOT Cloud etc) to ensure mobile app related requirements are delivered by the various stack teams in the agile framework
Ensure continuous integration of the backend services with the Android and IOS mobile apps to ensure end to end solution delivery
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit, further our teams personally and professionally, get the best value for each employee and increase the job satisfaction. Additionally, we offer you a wide range of benefits.
Why should you apply?
We are searching for passionate individuals to join our global team in our Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) office. Become a valuable member of our highly professional and international team of IT experts and meet the challenges of a global multinational company using latest technologies.
Hilti is market leader in the construction tool industry – by developing potential new User Interfaces you will have the opportunity to push the whole industry to a new level. You will have the freedom to act in the responsible area with career prospects in a dynamic environment, excellent opportunities to develop yourself to higher levels and wider range of knowledge.
We have an excellent mix of people, challenging, and developing you every single day. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background is. You know what is important when shipping products to customers and have been through the process from start to finish. You enjoy working side by side with partners, colleagues, and teams on tough problems and are highly effective.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK and/or Xcode and/or Swift (including different versions) and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android/Google/Apple UI design principles, interface guidelines, design patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Familiarity with integration of IoT solution (e.g Bluetooth or NFC technology) into Android/iOS platform
- Good proficiency in the English language and openness to travel internationally
- Comfortable working with agile / collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, GitLab)
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world
- Ability to embrace and learn new technologies